The Annapurna Circuit is a trek in central Nepal that climbs to an altitude of 5,400m through Thorung La pass, one of the highest trekking passes in the world, below peaks that rise 6000-8000m in elevation from the Annapurna Range.
We attempted to complete the trek in about 15 days starting mid-December of 2013, when the shoulder season promised much smaller crowds but with it a risk of deep snow that early winter can bring to the Pass.
Watch the full length documentary below or on YouTube, and get ready to book your flight!
Here is our full itinerary, including links to my activities on Movescount where applicable:
- Day 1 – Chamje to Darapani: http://www.movescount.com/moves/move23628603
- Day 2 – Darapani to Chame: http://www.movescount.com/moves/move23628608
- Day 3 – Chame to Upper Pisang: http://www.movescount.com/moves/move23628609 (part 1/2) http://www.movescount.com/moves/move23628612 (part 2/2)
- Day 4 – Upper Pisang to Ngawal: http://www.movescount.com/moves/move23628621
- Day 5 – Ngawal to Manang: http://www.movescount.com/moves/move23628632
- Day 6 – Acclimatization hike: http://www.movescount.com/moves/move23628636
- Day 7 – Acclimatization hike to Ice Lake: http://www.movescount.com/moves/move23628639
- Day 8 – Acclimatization day
- Day 9 – Manang to Yahkarka: http://www.movescount.com/moves/move23628650
- Day 10 – Yahkarka to Thorung Phedi: http://www.movescount.com/moves/move23628651
- Acclimatization hike to High Camp: http://www.movescount.com/moves/move23628653
- Day 11 – Thorung Phedi to Ranipauwa: http://www.movescount.com/moves/move23628656
- Day 12 – Ranipauwa to Kagbeni: http://www.movescount.com/moves/move23628660
- Day 13 – Kagbeni to Jomsom: http://www.movescount.com/moves/move23628662
- Day 14 – Flight from Jomsom to Pokhara